Pages

Sunday, 10 May 2015

Cutbacks....

....sadly I will need to make them.  Unless I can find a way of raising money.

I really hate having to do blog posts asking for donations, but sometimes it reaches a point where I just have to.   I have now reached that point.

I have committed myself to feeding and caring for a fair number of dogs.  We are fortunate to have found people locally that we have persuaded to feed dogs for us.  We are delighted that Mr A's constant efforts at changing this village mentality has started to pay off.   It would be even better if we didn't have to provide the food for them, but these are not wealthy people.  They are poor farming folk, who have very little.  However, I can't put a price on their generosity of spirit.  And I don't want to ever reach a point where I have to say to them "I'm sorry, I just don't have the money to provide any more food".

Do you remember that blog post I did a while ago entitled "False Accusations"?  If you don't, have a look at it again  CLİCK HERE.    Since then, many people have contacted me, correctly guessing the name of the person who posted this libellous comment.  She has also made a similar comment since then.  I have also been reliably informed that she thinks that if she makes such comments, it will stop people donating to me, and will give to her instead.   This is so futile.  I don't really understand this mentality.  Surely we are all just trying to do the best we can for the street dogs here.

We should all be working together.  Thankfully, the majority of people who have involved themselves in animal welfare here in Turkey, do just that.  We all help each other out whenever we can.

At this point I want to thank the few people who donate a regular monthly amount.  I would like to mention their names, but I won't.  Why?  Because I have been told that "this person" actually targets those who donate to other causes....she contacts them, and with more libellous comments attempts to persuade them to donate to her instead.

Of course I have no proof of this, but it frankly wouldn't surprise me.  So I won't mention your names, but thank you sincerely for your continued support.  You know who you are.

And thankyou also to those of you who have donated individual amounts, some on more than one occasion, which have been so gratefully received.

Many of the animal groups here live in areas where there are other expats, and tourists.  Because of this they are able to hold fundraising events to support their work.

I am not in a position to do this.  I am the only foreigner in this remote village, so I have to rely on my blog to get my message out.

Your donations really help, but they don't cover the continuing cost of dogfood and vet bills.  I carry on, as I always have, using my own limited resources as well.   I don't want to reach a point where I am unable to do this.  If you feel you would like to help me to continue to do what I can for these dogs, then a donation would be very welcome, no matter how small.   Thankyou.

(You will find the Paypal button at the top of this blog)

2 comments:

  1. One would think that a person who works for the welfare of animals would also be kind to people, but your detractor obviously isn't like that, Ayak. I'm sorry you have to deal with this when doing your good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think they would put the animals first wouldn't you Perpetua? The reason I won't disclose her name is because I wouldn't do this to anyone else and put any animals at risk. It takes all sorts I guess

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x