Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Taking my eye off the ball

A two week visit to England not only takes lots of preparation beforehand, but lots of sorting out to be done when I return.

Mr A started work on 1st April for a tour company in Bodrum.  He is working as a holiday rep, doing aırport runs, welcome meetings, selling trips and generally sorting our tourist problems for more than 10 hotels.  It was a bit of a struggle for him to have to come home every evening to feed our 10 dogs, catch some sleep, feed them again in the morning, and set off back to work.

He managed it all OK and the dogs were all fine.

Before I left we had delivered supplies of dog food to Annie's "mum", for Annie and the other 4 dogs now being fed by her.  To the old man who now feeds 10 dogs each day, and who is also feeding the stragglers that appear near the teahouse each evening.  And of course to the man at the sanayi who feeds in excess of 20 dogs each day.

Last week he also collected more food from our vet to deliver again to our feeders.

He collected me from the airport just after 7.30am yesterday and literally dropped me outside our gate with my luggage and dashed off to work again.  Goodness knows when I'll see him again.
The house was chaotic to say the least.  I don't understand how one man can make so much mess but I'll forgive him as he clearly didn't have time to clean up.  So yesterday, instead of sleeping, I set to and cleaned.  Not as well as I should have done, partly due to Mr A having blocked the vacuum cleaner on the one occasion he used it, which blew dust out every time I switched it on.  I've cleaned it as best I can but it's not working as well as it should.

The washing machine was going non-stop, but I still found time to clean out the big dogs area, and to spend some time playing with them.....and also lots of cuddles with the small dogs.  I am amazed at how Tımmy has grown.  He is now as big as Tommy.  Those of you who remember the day I collected him...Sonia, Pat, and Chris....and of course Rachel who fostered him, would be so surprised to see him now!  (Photos to follow when I have time).

This morning my friend David collected me and we went to Milas to do shopping.  Two more sacks of dogfood, plus all the essentials like washing powder, bleach etc that seem to have run out at the same time.  And of course, food...the fridge was bare on my return.

This afternoon I did a pile of ironing and also watered the garden.  Unfortunately I was distracted and forgot to switch off the hosepipe.  The garden is now well and truly watered.  No bad thing as the temperatures are rising now.

I caught a cold while I was in England and it wouldn't clear up.  It has now affected my sinuses which made flying very uncomfortable.  I am left with pain above my eyes, my cheeks and particularly my ears.  I have medication so hopefully it will clear up soon.

And talking of taking my eye off the ball, I finally sat down and worked out the dog feeding and vet finances, and although we have paid the vet for some of the food, we still owe him money.  I have been spending my money on the food for the street dogs too and am going to need to catch up as soon as I can, as more stocks need to be bought again if we are to continue to care for the dogs in our area.

If you would like to donate to help with the feeding and vet treatment, no matter how small an amount, it will be very gratefully received.  (You will find the Paypal button at the top of the page).

Finally, I'll leave you with 3 photos of Billy and Jimi.  I got prints of these and have them on my wall in the kitchen, where I can see them every day, to remind me how much I adore these two little boys.




6 comments:

  1. What is it about leaving men at home on their own? I know poor Mr A must have been terribly busy, but it's no fun to come home to an empty fridge and all the supplies running out at once.

    Your grandsons are growing so fast and look absolutely gorgeous. I do hope they can visit you in Turkey before long and see where Grandma lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh men are useless on their own Perpetua!!

      Yes the boys are growing so fast. We are hopeful that they may visit next year...fingers crossed x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they? Growing up too fast.

      Delete
  3. Helen Devries7 May 2015 at 02:52

    It would be lovely to have the boys visit you.....

    And yes, men on their own....
    I came home to a beautifully clean house, thanks to Dona Luzmilla who came in every day while I was away, the walls washed and repainted....and then I found the assembly of overflowing washing baskets - and two puppies....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes the washing baskets. Two puppies? I assume they have made themselves at home by now :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x