Friday, 22 May 2015

This week

This week has been quite busy.   Mr A continues to work ridiculously long hours.  His schedule is almost impossible to achieve.  He has welcome meetings at hotels from Gulluk to Yalikavak and everywhere else in between, every day.  Sometimes as many as 20 hotels.  His office give him between an hour and hour and half in between each meeting, and this has to include travelling time. He is then expected to meet customers at the airport, put them on the buses and inform them of their welcome meetings the following day.  Sometimes these airport visits are around 2am or 3am.  There's very little time for sleep.

Sometimes, if he is at the airport which is just 10 minutes away from the village,  he comes home between midnight and 3am and goes straight to bed, then is up again at 7.30am.  Yesterday afternoon he actually managed to convince his boss he was almost dead on his feet and was able to grab 4 hours sleep in his personnel accommodation.

He is not the only one.  All personnel are doing the same.  It's cruel to expect people to survive this kind of life.  None of them will complain for fear of losing their jobs.  There are always plenty of others waiting to step in...and the bosses know this.   Roll on the end of the season, then maybe I can stop worrying that his lack of sleep will cause him to crash the car while he is clocking up around 400km every day.

I had two trips out this week.  An early breakfast with Mr A at one of his hotels in Gulluk on Tuesday and waited while he did his welcome meeting.  I enjoyed this brief time with him, but it was somewhat spoilt by the fact that he was running late for his next meeting, and drove like a lunatic to drop me back at the village.  If I have another opportunity to have breakfast with him I will opt for catching the bus back to avoid raising my blood pressure!

On Wednesday I met up with a friend Wendy in Milas.   We are both members of admin on a Facebook group and I first met her in Gulluk last year.  We had lunch together followed by cake and coffee, and lots of chat.  The time went very quickly but was very enjoyable.

And the dogs.   Timmy is off to the vet today to be neutered.  I am sincerely hoping that this will deter him from cocking his leg and marking his territory INSIDE the house....up chairs, the rubbish bin, the laundry basket...in fact anywhere that takes his fancy.  He even blatently does it while I'm standing next to him!   Cheeky little bugger.

I mentioned weeks ago that Blondie injured her leg (just above the ankle).  She constantly jumps and rushes about and I suspect she caught it on the wall whilst barking at the sheep.  I treated it with antibacterial powder, then antibiotic cream, and she also had an antibiotic injection.   It heals ...she licks it...and it opens up again.

My vet saw it at one point where it was healing and said it was OK.  I spoke to him about it again this week and he suggests I continue with what I am doing.   I wash it each day with a saline solution and apply antibacterial powder.  I tried a bandage one day and put a plastic bucket collar on her but she still managed to remove the dressing.  Although it is better if it's left open.   I am struggling on with the treatment...now twice a day, and I also have a course of penicillin injections.  Fingers crossed this does the trick.

All my other dogs are fine.  I have checked on our feeders...Annie's mum, the old man and the sanayi man and they are all continuing to do what we have asked of them.  I will be arranging delivery of more food at the end of next week.   Thankyou once again to those of you who donated last week which enabled me to buy more food.  I will need more next week, and thereafter, so any further donations would be most welcome.

And that's my weekly update.   Have a good weekend everyone xx

12 comments:

  1. Just wondering....is there a possibility of moving to England with Mr. A? Would job opportunities be better for him in England then where you are living now? I know nothing about the regulations for relocating from there to where you are from so this might not be at all possible or feasible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte I wouldn't know where to begin in explaining to you how difficult it is for Turkish people to move to the UK. Visas almost impossible to obtain. You have to have a home there, a large amount of money in a bank account, and finding a job would be hard even if you could manage to jump through all the hoops required to actually get there. We have none of these things so wouldn't attempt it. It's actually even difficult to get a visit visa for a Turk for a holiday!

      Delete
    2. Oh I had no idea. Is England that strict with anyone seeking a visa? Best wishes to you there. I'm sorry it's so difficult for the animals. I was raised on a farm with many different animals and we were taught early on to be kind to animals.

      Delete
    3. It does seem to be more strict for Turks than it would appear for other nationalities Charlotte. I know of English girls married to Turkish men. The girls are living in England with their children and still can't get their husbands there.

      Delete
  2. You are doing a terrific job with these dogs and Mr A is working his socks off trying to earn a living.
    I do admire the two of you.
    I hope that the op will cure that naughty Timmy of his not so nice habits. Will be interesting to find out.
    Good luck with it.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. Timmy is actually a little poorly after his op. Hoping he will be better tomorrow x

      Delete
  3. I hope Timmy picks up soon...you will worry until he does.

    So unjust that Mr. A, with all his abilities, has to undertake work like this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we are used to it Helen.

      I think another trip to the vet may be in order for Timmy today

      Delete
  4. I do hope Timmy is ok.....and that Mr A takes things as easy as he can. Life is so bloody unfair. Take care A.....lots of love Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timmy is behaving normally today Janice. The area is still swollen but no worse. He is eating and running about and even barked at the sheep today so I think he is on the mend. I didn't take him back to the vet but will do so if the swelling isn't reduced within a few days x

      Delete
  5. Yes, cruel is the right description for the kind of pressure poor Mr A has to work under, Ayak. Is he being paid regularly this year or is he yet again having to fight for every penny? I do wish he could find something else.
    I can imagine that it would be impossible for you both to move back to the UK under the new and very demanding rules for non-EU spouses. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is at least being paid Perpetua. This company is fairly well established and some people have been working for them for years, but no-one seems to complain about the pressure of working all these hours. Mr A did have a long chat with his boss yesterday and actually said that he would have to leave if the situation didn't change. And the boss has promised to make changes. Thank goodness Mr A had the courage to say something...whether it works remains to be seen.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x