Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Timmy is ready for the chop

I wasn't going to blog about an incident I experienced yesterday.  I shared it with a friend and we did laugh at the ridiculousness of it.   However, on reflection I felt that my solution to the "problem" worked and might be useful for others who have male dogs.

I am in the process of sorting out an appointment for Timmy to be neutered.  He is humping everything in sight at the moment.  It's difficult to get hold of my vet just now.  His wife's baby is due anytime so I'm sure he has other things on his mind.

We know that young male dogs get very excited and produce an erection.  It's normal and eventually subsides.  This happened with Timmy yesterday.  But I found him in his bed shaking and when I picked him up I discovered that the testicles as well as the penis were outside the foreskin.  I have never experienced this before with my other male dogs.  He seemed quite distressed and I had no idea what I could do to help him.

Thinking quickly I wondered if I should ring my vet and ask if this was normal.   Mr A is not around.  I had visions of Timmy being stuck with this predicament and my having to take him on the dolmus to the vet in Milas...and the looks I might get from the villagers....they already think I'm mad so this would confirm it.

Of course we all know the advice given to excitable human males about taking a cold shower so I wondered if this might do the trick.   I held Timmy's bits  under the running cold tap and after about 5 minutes everything was back in place where it should be.   I dried him off and he went to sleep...no doubt traumatised by the experience.

...and no....there is no photo to accompany this post.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness he is small enough to hang under the tap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It would have been quite a different matter had it been one of the big dogs

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x