Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Getting back into the blogging mood

It's been difficult for a while now to find inspiration to blog as much as I used to.  Those of you who blog will know that the longer you leave it, the harder it is to get motivated.

So I was rather surprised this week to learn that my blog is still in the Top Ten Turkey Blogs on TURKİSH TRAVEL BLOG.   The blog's author, Natalie, first produced her list in 2010, and since then many great blogs about this country have appeared on the scene.  It's not easy to find the time to read them all, but there's something for everyone ...take a look.

Thankyou Natalie for keeping me on your list, and I'll try to do better from now on!

It's proving to be another busy week so far.  Sadie, the golden retriever that we found in a Milas shopping centre, has settled in well with the rest of the crew.  She was checked for a microchip on Friday, and when none was found we went ahead and had her spayed.  This afternoon she will go for her vaccinations.
Sadie after her op

While we were in Milas on Monday we stopped at the coffee shop where we found Sadie.  One of the girls who works there wasn't working on the day we found Sadie but the guy who owns the place told her that we had taken Sadie and left our phone number in case anyone was looking for her.  The girl told us that Sadie had been there for about a week (not two days as we were first told) and that she had been feeding her.  She said no-one had been looking for her, so she is sure, as we are, that Sadie was dumped. She asked how Sadie  was doing and said she was really happy that we had given her a home.

I noticed a lump on Fistik's side last week, but a few days ago I couldn't find it.  However, it has appeared again so she will also be going to the vet to be checked this afternoon.  She has started to lick her paw pads again, which we established was a yeast infection so this will also need to be checked.

My neighbour Dursune has adopted a kitten.  Here's my Facebook update about this:

We don't see much of our neighbour Dursune these days as she has moved down the hill but she comes back to her old house occasionally. This morning she was followed by a kitten. She introduced him to us. He is about two or three months old and she found him when he was only weeks old.
She calls him Tekir and he follows her everywhere, even when she goes up to the hills to collect kindling and sometimes has a ride back in a bag on her donkey.
We gave her some catfood and will continue to do so. He has fleas so we will collect treatment tomorrow from the Vet and will also worm him.
He is a delightful little chap 
Dursune and Tekir

Tekir


The cathouse is being put to good use, photos here of three cats who are using it and eating the food we supply.
Tabby cat
Button (because of his/her button nose!)
Casey (meaning brave) who inspired us to build the cathouse. (Taken through window and mozzy screen)


Yesterday we stocked up with more dogfood and delivered sacks to the sanayi, the shepherd and Annie's mum.

And that's all for now.


7 comments:

  1. So pleased you're helping with kittens too! You're very kind hearted.
    I know full well how it is when you feel that there's nothing to blog about and that everything seems too much effort. I'm really pleased to see you back and I'm sure others will feel the same. It's good to know that you're still on the list of the top Turkish Blogs.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I really do have to make more of an effort with blogging. The more posts we do, the easier it becomes to get back into the swing of it I think

      Delete
    2. Thanks Maggie. I really do have to make more of an effort with blogging. The more posts we do, the easier it becomes to get back into the swing of it I think

      Delete
  2. I can sympathise with the lack of blogging mojo, Ayak. FB can be just too easy when one feels the urge to communicate. :) I'm really glad to see you back blogging and will try to follow your example in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to get back into it when you let it slide for a while. Am trying to keep up the momentum. You'll do the same I'm sure when you're ready x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x