Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Update on the back pain

My back had become excruciatingly painful and I knew it would be impossible for me to wait two weeks for an appointment for an MRI scan with the devlet hospital so we decided to check out the cost with the small private hospital in Milas and got an appointment for yesterday.  The total cost was 150 lira as part of it is covered by our government health insurance, so not too expensive.

Here is my Facebook update:

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes today.
I had a further x-ray and an MRI today at the private hospital in Milas and at last after about 16 years of constant visits to hospital with the same problem I now know what causes it. I have an old fracture of the T12 vertebrae in my spine. This also seems to affect muscles and joints including the stomach. The spine degenerates as we get older so its to be expected.
I have stronger painkillers, muscle relaxant, gel pain relief and joy of joys an orthopaedic corset to wear for a month! I will be checked again in 10 days time. I'm still in a lot of pain but at least hopefully this will be manageable in the future.

The pain continues, which makes it difficult to sit for any length of time so no lengthy blog posts from me for the coming days or weeks.  Hopefully all will improve once the medication kicks in and  I get used to the corset.

So that's all from me for now xx

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, ouch, ouch! I had a bad back in my thirties after a fall and needed a corset for a while, so you have my complete sympathy and good wishes for speedy improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P. It's feeling a little better already x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x