Pages

Saturday, 2 January 2016

THE END

I have made a decision to stop blogging.   So this will be my last post.

I started this blog in March 2009.   I've published 1178 posts in that time, and gathered a lot of followers and now good friends along the way.  Surprisingly I have received awards for my blog and had it listed amongst Turkey Travel Blog's top ten Turkey blogs.  Unexpected but very flattering.

It was always a personal thing for me.  I used to keep a journal in exercise books when I moved to Turkey nearly 18 years ago, but sadly these were lost during one of our many moves.  The blog kind of replaced them.  

It started out as an almost daily record of my life in this country, interspersed with other irrelevant topics, and  for years I found the whole exercise very therapeutic.  I enjoy writing and the blog has been a way to get things off my chest.  There is a link to my journey in Turkey and all the places we have lived which you can read by clicking this LINK

Gradually the blog became more and more about my work with street animals.  I tried to keep it separate from the main blog by opening another page in January 2014 after we had started feeding the dogs at the sanayi (industrial estate) on the main road out of our village.   I stopped recording on that page in August 2014 and continued to write about our work on the main blog.  The page is still there and I find it useful to dip into it from time to time.  You can see it if you click on the title at the top of the blog "Rescued /Street Dog Feeding and Care Programme".

I now have a Facebook page entitled Ayak's Animal Welfare, the link to which can be found at the bottom of this post and also on the sidebar of this blog.  The Facebook page has really taken over from blogging and I simply don't have enough time to update on there and on my blog.  If you haven't already joined, please do.  I'll be very happy to welcome you there.  It is a Closed Group under my control, so that it can continue to be a pleasant group of people, with no negativity.

Apologies to those of you who don't use Facebook, but I hope you will understand that my time is limited and I have started the new year by trying to manage my time a little better.  I have a huge "to-do" list and I'm afraid not everything will get done if I don't let some things go.

If in the future I find myself with spare time (some hope!) I'll come back to my blog, but in the meantime, thankyou to all of you who have followed me and your words of support and encouragement.

Happy New Year from me, Kaya and all the dogs and cats xxx


AYAK'S ANİMAL WELFARE (Facebook page)






27 comments:

  1. I will miss you Ayak. Yours is one of my favourite blogs. Until next time then ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Happy New Year xxx

      Delete
  2. Two of my favourite blogs closing on the same day, but I understand the pressure to keep a blog updated does distract from getting things done. I'll keep up with you on Facebook (and the real world )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I just noticed Claudia's is closing too. It is time consuming and so much easier to update on Facebook from my phone as well.

      Delete
  3. We shall miss your blog but hope we can keep up in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll keep in touch with Facebook, that's for sure x

      Delete
  4. I shall enjoy reading from the beginning, Ayak. I absolutely understand that blogging can be fun, therapeutic and a wonderful outlet for those of us who like to write, but it is time-consuming. I can be philosophical as I can still be in touch with you through Facebook. I suspect we will be able to read your words again here when the urge to write gets the better of you! Hope so, anyway. Much love and best wishes in your excellent projects. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. It wasn't easy to make the decision to stop. I've been considering it for some time. I guess going into a new year encourages us to make decisions to make life a little easier. Much love to you too xx

      Delete
  5. Love reading your blog but i do follow you on FB book so will carry on there xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I appreciate it xx

      Delete
  6. Will miss you but quite understand x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will miss your Blog but will follow you on FB for sure....XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for Facebook xx

      Delete
  8. I too shall miss your blog, as it was one of the first I found, thanks to Helen's recommendation, and I've always loved it. But I do understand, as I too have been a much more dilatory blogger this past year. Thankfully we are in touch on FB, so I can keep up with you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult sometimes to fit everything in to our busy lives isn't it? Haha isn't retirement supposed to be relaxing ?

      Delete
  9. I shall miss your blog...and I shall always be grateful for all the help you gave me when I began to blog. I could not have done it without you and Kathy.
    I'll see you on FB, of course...where the description of your activities puts me in mind of one of those animated cartoons where the principal character is always running to stand still..the feet and legs a blur of activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love that picture you have of me...at the moment it's pretty accurate! xxxxxx

      Delete
  10. Well it's been an interesting journey start to end. I really appreciate the years you have spent sharing and now sharing that you are stopping, it's so worrying when people just suddenly stop posting. Thank you for being my online friend. Best wishes KV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many just stop posting and you wonder what's happened to them. I don't like loose ends! thankyou for following me over the years KV. Here's wishing you all the very best for 2016 xxx

      Delete
  11. Oh...... that's a pity but there again, I don't seem to be posting very often myself.
    Will miss you but wish you well with your doggie refuge.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Maggie. Will try to keep in touch by email. All the best for the new year xxx

      Delete
  12. Well done for dedicating time and effort for so long. In the end though, nothing lasts forever; when it’s done, it’s done. And that’s okay. Life just gets in the way. That's as it should be. Good luck with all you endeavours. You're a star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jack. I appreciate your words. Good luck to you with your future books (hurry up with the prequel!!). We must try to catch up when you're over sometime xxx

      Delete
  13. I've enjoyed reading your blog over the years .. and thanks for the encouragement you gave when I started my own Turkish adventure ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jay...and thankyou xxx

      Delete
  14. So happy to have met you through your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x